Event Operations Manager
Summer-ized Sessions is a London-based record label and event brand. We pride ourselves on releasing high-quality house music, in tandem with creating exceptional club nights. Our events span the UK (and further afield), while our music reaches all cultural corners of the world.
In line with the expansion of the brand, we’re looking for an Events Operations Manager to lead our events team helping us deliver these incredible events.
Working alongside the Managing Director you will manage an events team who are responsible for leading and contributing to projects that drive revenue growth into the business. It requires broad event management experience and an ability to roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
In the role you will:
• Create renowned memorable experiences for all our guests
• Set up project boards from scratch and manage the team, tasks and deadlines in the run up to events
• Work within a budget and manage spending accordingly
• Set clear objectives and targets for events, alongside plans for how to meet these
• Carry out various administrative duties and produce spreadsheets
• Problem solving and hosting during an event
• Communicate with and coordinate teams, crew, venue and suppliers up to the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly
• Make sure that legal, health and safety obligations are followed
• Produce post-event evaluation to inform future events
• Look horizontally at our competitors and learn from best practice
Skills Knowledge and Expertise:
• 2+ years’ experience running events
• Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative
• Previous administrative experience and attention to detail is crucial
• Excellent use of Outlook, Excel, Word and G Suite
• Exceptional organisational and project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects, and ability to meet deadlines
• Great client/customer service both on the phone and face-to-face
• A professional and can-do attitude with keen desire to problem solve
• Able to follow instructions and work as part of a team and on own initiative
• A growth mindset that drives you to upskill yourself to achieve personal growth
• Good analytical skills; including experience reviewing performance results and making recommendations for future actions
• Passion for house and techno music and events
• Experience using project management tools like Trello
• Experience running small to medium sized boutique festivals
• Experience working in a start-up or similar high-paced environment
• We are a small close-knit team that works together as a family
• Although this is a remote position, the ideal candidate would be London based
Summer-ized Sessions is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our growth and success so we are building a culture where difference is valued. We’d love to hear from you if you care about events and could see yourself working with us.